I have been an artist my whole life- I just didn't always know how this art would express itself. As a counselor, an educator, a mom, and a traveller, it has always been the creative expressions in these endeavors that have continued to draw me into a more inspired life.
I am influenced by travel, and its ability to bring us out of our comfort zone- and into a realm where we feel more connected to the natural world and its inhabitants. My art is a reflection of collected stories from a lifetime of adventures. It is an expression of a feeling of a place-that comes through in my colors and gestures.
I am a largely self taught artist. Tapping into the emotion of a place, my intention is for the art to walk the line between what we see and what we perceive.
I hope you find it as worthy to explore as I do to share.
Working with Cold Wax paste is a very unique, organic, and intuitive process.. Cold Wax Medium is a paste of beeswax and a small amount of solvent. It has a soft, butter-like consistency. By adding the cold wax paste to oil paints, I work in layers to add textures, line and form. In the beginning of each piece, I will have an idea and a feeling of a place that I am trying to convey . At some point in each piece however, the paint and the wax begin to really "speak", and I respond and paint based on not only what I originally intended, but what is organically emerging in front of me.. The wax allows for some transparency of the colors and for the different layers to show through, adding depth to the painting.. Like a story being written-layer upon layer- a painting is created and then scraped back to reveal pieces of its past.
• Gallery North, Juried Show, Small Arts Works, Edmunds, Washington
• Schack Art Center, Juried Show, Everett, Washington (Honorable Mention)
• Light Space and Time Gallery, 7th Annual Abstract Competition
• Twiggs Gallery, Juried Show, If Trees Could Talk, Boscowen, NH
• Chico Gallery, Juried Show, Contemporary Women, Chico, CA
• Southern Vermont Arts Center, Spring Show, Manchester, VT
• Library Arts Center, Juried Show, Newport, NH
• ISEA, International Juried Art Exhibition, Bethlehem, PA
• Sullivan Fine Art and Framing, Journeys, Bedford NH
• The Vintner’s Cellar, Portland, Oregon, Solo Exhibit, July 2016
• Elizabeth Lofts Gallery, ( A J. Pippin Gallery affliate) Portland Oregon, Solo Exhibit, August 2016
• Shelburne Vineyard Gallery, Shelburne, VT, Solo Exhibit, Sept, 2016
• Sunflower Gallery and Cafe, Jaffrey, NH, Solo Exhibit, Jan /2017
• Hancock, NH library, , Hancock, NH, Daniels room exhibit Solo Exhibit, Feb/2017
• Monadnock Healing Arts Gallery, Juried Sunlight exhibit, featured artist, Peterborough, NH, March /2017
• Gallery North Juried Small Works show, Edmunds, Washington, March/2017
• Light Space and Time Gallery, 8th Annual Abstract Competition (Honorable Mention)
• Blink Art Design Consultants Gallery Show, July 2017
• Art3 Gallery, Manchester, NH
• Wilde Meyer Gallery, Scottsdale Arizona
• Arworks Gallery, Cedar City, Utalh
• Art Design Consultants( ADC) and Blink Art Resource
• Trumpet Fine Art Gallery, Peterborough NH
• Honorable Mention, Light Space and Time Gallery, 8th Annual Abstract Competition( 2017)
• Honorable Mention, Schack Art Center, Juried Show, Everett, Washington
• Honorable Mention, Light Space and Time Gallery, 7th Annual Abstract Competition( 2016)
• Finalist, Sedona Art Prize Competition, Oct 2016
• American Art Collector Juried Competition and publication, "If Trees Could Talk"
• Blink Art Resource Catalogue, April 2017
• Ava Art Gallery, NH, Studies in Oil painting
• Intensive studies in Encaustic Painting
Claire O’Neill, Minneapolis MN
Intensive Studies and Retreat
Abstract painting with Cold Wax
• James Scherbath, Minneapolis MN
• Rebecca Cromwell, Ireland
• Crotched Mountain Rehab Center, NH
Artwork to provide funds for rehab efforts
• Conval Dollars for Scholars, Artwork for College Scholarships
• Fragile X Foundation International
Artwork to provide funds towards research and support for Developmental Disabilities